AppFramework is different from other JS frameworks because it was specifically written with HTML5 in mind.
This means the framework is perfect for developing mobile apps that behave the same on Android and iOS devices.
App Framework has been previously known as jqMobi.
Here are some key features of "App Framework":
· Fast performance
· Small code base
· Only needs to support a small subset of commands
· jQ.Mobi - query selector library.
· jQ.Ui - UI/UX library for mobile applications in a Webkit browser.
· jQ.Plugins - plugins for mobile applications in a Webkit browser.
· HTML 5 enabled browser
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added $().eq, $().is, $().index functions and unit tests.
· $.feat.cssPrefix - cross browser vendor prefix ("Webkit","Moz","O","MS","") - use for CSS 3.
· Added _shimNodes - performance improvements to query selector. instead of calling .slice.call to convert nodelist to array and then sort, we sort the node list.
· Native scrolling is available on WP8 and Android 4.1+ devices
· Fixed actionsheet positioning at start.
· Fixed routing of clicks in IE10 and Chrome.