Mobile Boilerplate 4.1.2
A mobile development framework developed on top of the HTML5 Boilerplate
It also has fallback support for legacy Blackberry, Symbian, and IE Mobile.
Mobile Boilerplate is not a framework in the right definition of the word.
It works well with projects like jQuery Mobile, Sencha Touch, Phonegap and Appcelerator.
The programmer get an offline caching setup for free, fast button clicks, a media query polyfill, and many common mobile WebKit optimizations.
- Cross-platform compatible (Android, iOS, Blackberry, Symbian)
- CSS class to target IE Mobile 7
- Home screen icon (Android, iOS, Symbian)
- Cross browser viewport optimization for Opera Mobile, Android,iOS,IE,Nokia,Blackberry.
- Optimized viewport scaling (Opera Mobile, Android, iOS, Mobile IE, Blackberry)
- Option to enable iOS start-screen in full screen mode
- Better font rendering on IE Mobile
- Adaptable markup and CSS skeleton
- CSS stylesheet for low-end devices
- Mobile sitemap
- Mobile MIME type support
- Build tool for mobile
- Integrates well with PhoneGap and Appcelerator
- HTML5 offline caching for smartphones
- Hide URL bar to maximize screen area
- Button clicks that don't wait for the default 300ms delayed click event
- Textarea autogrow
- Hide Safari browser chrome
- Mobile bookmark bubble
- Browser Database Wrapper API
- Robust optional User Agent Detection in .htaccess
- Mobile optimized default CSS
- Media queries polyfill for Windows Mobile
- Google Analytics for low end mobile devices
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 3.0
- Removed initial-scale=1.0 from meta
- Excluded scalefix by default
- Updated startup tablet landscape dimensions
- Added lang attr to be consistent with h5bp