The package allows developers to build applications that interact with Amazon Web Services tools and features.
Here are some key features of "AWS SDK for Android":
- General Features:
- AWS Android Library - Build mobile applications for the Android on top of APIs that take the complexity out of coding directly against a web service interface. The library provides APIs that hide much of the lower-level plumbing, including authentication, request retries, and error handling.
- Code Samples - Practical examples for how to use the library to build applications.
- Documentation - Reference documentation demonstrating how to use the SDK.
- Credential Management - Protect your AWS account with a number of solutions for managing your security credentials in a mobile application. Learn more solutions in Credential Management in Mobile Applications.
- Supported Services:
- Amazon Simple Storage Service
- Amazon SimpleDB
- Amazon Simple Notification Service
- Amazon Simple Queue Service
- Android 2.1 (API Level 7) or higher
- This release introduces a new type of POJO attribute (S3Link for DynamoDBMapper), includes improvements for the Amazon DynamoDB client and mapper, adds enum values for Amazon EC2, updates the Jackson library to 2.1, and resolves several issues reported by customers.