The package allows developers to build applications that interact with Amazon Web Services tools and features.
Here are some key features of "AWS SDK for Android":
· AWS Android Library - Build mobile applications for the Android on top of APIs that take the complexity out of coding directly against a web service interface. The library provides APIs that hide much of the lower-level plumbing, including authentication, request retries, and error handling.
· Code Samples - Practical examples for how to use the library to build applications.
· Documentation - Reference documentation demonstrating how to use the SDK.
· Credential Management - Protect your AWS account with a number of solutions for managing your security credentials in a mobile application. Learn more solutions in Credential Management in Mobile Applications.
· Amazon Simple Storage Service
· Amazon SimpleDB
· Amazon Simple Notification Service
· Amazon Simple Queue Service
· Android 2.1 (API Level 7) or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release adds support for the Local Secondary Indexes feature in Amazon DynamoDB.