It wraps the 'video' tag and provides a simple API for synchronizing interactive content.
Popcorn.js utilizes the native HTMLVideoElement properties, methods and events, normalizes them into an easy to learn API, and provides a plugin system for community contributed interactions.
Popcorn also offers a plugin factory.
Here are some key features of "PopcornJS":
· Maintains a reference to the original HTMLVideoElement.
· Provides a normalized interface to the < video > elements native methods and properties.
· Adds a special data property which contains meta data.
· HTML5 enabled browser
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Update QUnit
· Get Popcorn & Plugins on a CDN
· Create an Rdio plugin plugin starters
· Allow content to remain after ended
· Popcorn.youtube() should fire: loaded, loadeddata, canplaythrough
· Make Popcorn.js work in IE9
· Core unit test times out in FF 3.6
· Core unit test failing in FF 3.6
· p/Popcorn.removePlayer function
· GML tests failing in Opera
· Safari subtitle tests timeout
· Popcorn.youtube should dispatch ended
· Image tests fail in Opera on OSX 10.7.1
· preload=none and p.play causes video to be unplayable in chrome no tags
· Manifests could benifit from a flag for optional usage
· Protected Names unit test doesn't fail, instead hangs
· Popcorn.player needs to be added to list of functions for archaic browsers
· Defaults don't apply if automatic function is used instead of setup
· YouTube player automatically starts playing the video
· Documentation with jsFiddle's in them auto-focus and play
· Document Popcorn.plugin.errors
· Subtitles broken with youtube when using default size
· Parser tests can all be updgraded
· Refactor getItem()
· Fix Player Events
· YouTube error event test is inherently broken
· Safari 5.1.2 on Windows 7: Plugin in/out alias tests hang
· Image plugin test not finishing
· IE9 Lower Third Plugin fails unit tests
· IE9 Mustache Plugin fails unit tests
· Safari 5.1.2 on Windows 7: Subtitle tests fail
· Build tool is not working no tags