It can be used as a maintenance system for personal or corporate websites.
Here are some key features of "LinkChecker":
· Recursive checking
· Output in colored or normal text, HTML, SQL, CSV, XML or a sitemap graph in different formats
· HTTP/1.1, HTTPS, FTP, mailto:, news:, nntp:, Gopher, Telnet and local file links support
· Restriction of link checking with regular expression filters for URLs
· Proxy support
· Username/password authorization for HTTP and FTP
· Robots.txt exclusion protocol support
· i18n support
· A command line interface
· A (Fast)CGI web interface (requires HTTP server)
· Python 2.6 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Anchor checking of cached HTTP URLs.
· Cookie path matching with empty paths.
· Handling of non-ASCII exceptions (regression in 8.1).
· Configuration directory creation on Windows systems.