DrPython is a highly customizable, extensible editor/environment for developing programs written in the Python programming Language. It is implemented in wxPython.
- Cross Platform - Works anywhere wxPython works, adopts the native look and feel of the host os.
- Built with Scintilla - Syntax Highlighting and Styling Built In (Support for Python, C/C , HTML, Plain Text.)
- Built In Prompts -Run the python interpreter, programs in their own process.
- Open as many interpreter/program panels as you want.
- Highly Customizable: -Edit Syntax Highlighting, Tab Width, Printing Options, Default Find/Replace Flags, Folding, Default Python Arguments, Automatic File Backups, Feedback Messages, Toolbar Icons, Python (and wxWidgets) Documentation and more.
- Optional Unicode/Encoding Support (with unicode version of wxPython).
- Easy Access to DrPython Commands: Customize the Right Click Pop Up Menu, Keyboard Shortcuts, and an optional ToolBar.
- Plugins can be installed locally via zip or main plugin file, or downloaded and installed from sourceforge mirrors.
- Scriptable in Python - Quickly write custom python scripts with access to DrPython internals, and access them from the menu, shortcuts, the pop up menu, or the toolbar.
- Quick Access to Files - Bookmarks (which are built into the File Dialog) provide quick access to files and directories.
- The "Open Imported Modules" dialog enables you to get at modules imported in the document.
- Navigate and Manipulate Python Source With Ease
· Python 2.3.0 or later.
· wxPython 220.127.116.11 or later.