once:radix is a Rapid Application Development system for Intranet and eXtranet environments.
Usince once:radix you can create advanced database-driven web applications that require no expertise in the underlying technologies.
once:radix consists of seven main components:
- once:admin - oADMIN manages communication between the backend database and the system administration application.
- once:client - oCLI manages the delivery of screen and report layouts to client application engine (oCLI) and the storage and retrieval of data within the SQL database.
- once:editor - oED manages the storage and delivery of screen layouts to the screen design application.
- once:help - oHELP manages the delivery of help pages and the search function (performed by the Apache Lucene search engine) to the browser application.
once:logon - oLOGON manages logging on, logging off and the creation of public users by the application.
- once:SecureServer - oSS is the nerve centre of the system, maintaining system security, processing requests from external applications through a series of Java servlets caching data for optimal performance and logging system activity.
- once:webAPI - owebAPI manages the storage and delivery of print layouts to the report design application – i-Report (from JasperSoft). These reports are handled by JasperReports which also interfaces with oSS to build reports in PDF, CSV and a range of other file formats.
- No programming necessary – use a point-and-click interface to create sophisticated database-driven applications with pixel-perfect precision.
- Leverage once:radix's best of breed open source components (including Mozilla Firefox and Lucene, Apache Tomcat and Rhino, PostgreSQL and JasperSoft's JasperReports and i-Report) for advanced application functionality.
- Engage an arsenal of advanced web technologies (including XHTML, DOM, XML, XSL, CSS, SQL and Java) with no knowledge of the underlying technologies.
- Develop and execute applications entirely within the browser – what you see really is what you get!
- Flexible and extensible – though you'll rarely need to look 'under the hood', advanced programmers can access all source code.
· Memory - 1GB RAM (Recommend 2 GB for deployed systems.)
· CPU - Pentium Dual Core or Core 2, or equivalent (Recommend Xeon or equivalent for deployed systems.)
· Application Disk Space - 1 GB (Recommend 10+ GB with RAID 1 or 5 for deployed systems.)
· Other - Recommend Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), CD/DVD drive and external backup for deployed systems.
· Operating System - Linux or Windows XP or Vista or Mac OSX 10.4+ (Recommend Linux or Windows 2003 Server for deployed systems.)
· Client - Any machine able to run Mozilla Firefox or Camino.