It is the right tool for networking programming and multi-protocol development.
Twisted projects variously support TCP, UDP, SSL/TLS, multicast, Unix sockets, a large number of protocols (including HTTP, NNTP, IMAP, SSH, IRC, FTP, and others).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· twisted.protocols.sip.MessageParser now handles multiline headers.
· twisted.internet.endpoints now provides StandardIOEndpoint, a Standard I/O endpoint.
· If a FTPCmdError occurs during twisted.protocols.ftp.FTP.ftp_RETR sending the file (i.e. it is raised by the IReadFile.send method it invokes), then it will use that to return an error to the client rather than necessarily sending a 426 CNX_CLOSED_TXFR_ABORTED error.
· twisted.internet.interfaces.IReactorSocket.adoptStreamConnection is implemented by some reactors as a way to add an existing established connection to them.
· twisted.internet.endpoints now provides TCP6ServerEndpoint, an IPv6 TCP server endpoint.
· twisted.internet.endpoints now provides TCP6ClientEndpoint, an IPv6 TCP client endpoint.
· twisted.internet.endpoints.serverFromString, the endpoint string description feature, can now be used to create IPv6 TCP servers.