The Netty Project 4.0.24 / 3.10.0 / 5.0.0.Alpha1
A NIO client server socket framework for Java, a tool for rapid development of asynchronous and event-driven network applications
Netty is Java framework for developing network-centric applications.
For your other kind of apps, take a look at other frameworks, but if you need an application to deal with client & server relations, nobody in the Java realm of open source tools will do its job better than Netty.
The framework was especially built for running with protocol servers and clients, and simplifies the operation of working with TCP and UDP packets.
- No external dependencies
- Asynchronous and synchronous support
- Programmatic API available
- Extensible core
- Customizable thread handling
- SSL/TLS and StartTLS support
- True connectionless datagram socket support
- Low latency
The Netty Project
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 4.0.15
- NPE in AbstractNioUnsafe.finishConnect()
- CancelledKeyException on writeAndFlush()