Written in Java, Teiid is made of tools, components and services for creating and executing bi-directional data services.
Through abstraction and federation, data is accessed and integrated in real-time across distributed data sources without copying or otherwise moving data from its system of record.
Here are some key features of "Teiid":
· Query Engine
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· EAP Platform - the deployment platform for Teiid has been changed to EAP 6.1.Alpha1
· Improved sort performance - improved sorts for large data sets especially under heavy load.
· VDB Zips - added the ability to deploy non-Designer based vdb zip artifacts with the ability to place DDL outside of the VDB.xml via the DDL-FILE metadata repository.
· Additional Embedded deployments - xml and zip vdb deployment options are available for Teiid Embedded.
· Session Variables - added the teiid_session_set and teiid_session_get methods to maintain session variables.
· Shared Mat Views - materialized views from imported vdbs will be reused rather than recreated in each importing vdb.
· Automatic DB Version Detection - the JDBC translator database version property in most circumstances will not need to be set manually (non-available JDBC sources in partial results mode or source with connection factories that require an ExecutionContext to obtain a connection will require manual setting of the database version metadata property. The affected sources are: db2, derby, oracle, postgresql, sqlserver, sybase, teiid)