OSMF's architecture reduces the time spent on creating and deploying a multimedia player, allowing developer and owners to focus on the overall quality and user experience.
The framework supports developing and deploying players for desktop, mobile, and TV platforms.
Plug-ins for advertising, reporting and content delivery along with standard player features such as playback controls, video navigation, buffering, and Dynamic Streaming make this a top notch developer tool.
Here are some key features of "OSMF":
· Completely open plug-in API available to any service provider or OSMF developer
· Plug-ins can be written for CDN, analytics, and advertising services
· Feature plug-ins also cover things like closed captioning and SMIL support
· Traditional pre-, mid-, and post-roll as well as overlay ads and bugs
· Controlling multiple regions outside the video player, including banner and companion ads as well as the overall branding of the HTML page
· Multiple types of media – video, audio, images, and SWFs
· Multiple delivery protocols including streaming and progressive, RTMP, HTTP, RTMFP
· VOD, Live, and DVR
· Built-in multi-bitrate logic with customizable switching rules
· Efficient connection logic for quick start playback
· Buffer management for minimal playback interruptions
· Adobe Flash Media Player 10.2 or higher
· Adobe Flex 4.1 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved OSMF’s switching logic for HTTP Dynamic Streaming and addressing some of the related bugs.