Jade is heavily influenced by Haml.
Here are some key features of "Jade":
· No tag prefix
· Formatted output option
· HTML 5 mode (using the !!! 5 doctype)
· High performance parser
· Great readability
· Code is escaped by default for security
· Contextual error reporting at compile & run time
· Executable for compiling jade templates via the command line
· Optional memory caching
· Combine dynamic and static tag classes
· Parse tree manipulation via filters
· Supports Express JS out of the box
· Transparent iteration over objects, arrays, and even non-enumerables via - each
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added "monocle" for watcher that actually works.
· Fixed interpolation in blocks of text.
· Fixed attribute interpolation.