An open source, powerful, well-known template engine for Node.js, a tool heavily influenced by Ruby's own HAML HTML generator
Jade is a great way to create page layouts, allowing dynamic content to be inserted without having to deal with pesky HTML tags every time.
The template engine can be used programmatically just like any other library or it can be used from Node.s console as well.
- No tag prefix
- Formatted output option
- HTML 5 mode (using the !!! 5 doctype)
- High performance parser
- Great readability
- Code is escaped by default for security
- Contextual error reporting at compile & run time
- Executable for compiling jade templates via the command line
- Optional memory caching
- Combine dynamic and static tag classes
- Parse tree manipulation via filters
- Supports Express JS out of the box
- Transparent iteration over objects, arrays, and even non-enumerables via - each
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.8.0
- Fix empty text-only block
- Warn about future change to ISO 8601 style dates
- Add warnings when data-attributes contain ampersands
- Allow custom pretty indentation