The JBoss Transaction Service (JBossTS) protects businesses from data corruption by guaranteeing complete, accurate business transactions for Java based applications (including those written for the JEE and EJB frameworks) thereby eliminating the risks and costs associated with time-consuming manual reconciliation following failures.
Because of its built in failure recovery components that handle failures automatically, no manual intervention is ever required.
Here are some key features of "JBoss Transactions":
· Standards compliance
· CORBA Object Transaction Service (OTS)
· Java Enterprise (J2EE) transactions - Java Transaction API (JTA), Java Transaction Service (JTS)
· Web services transactions - Web Services Coordination (WS-Coordination), Web Services Atomic Transaction (WS-AtomicTransaction), Web Services Business Activity Framework (WS-BusinessActivity)
J2EE and CORBA transactioning features:
· Complete distributed transaction support
· Automated failure recovery system
· Flexible deployment: centralized and distributed transaction manager options
· Interposition support for improved distributed transaction performance
· POA ORB support
· Support for both checked and unchecked transaction behaviour
· Support for both flat and nested transaction models, with nested-aware resources and resource adapters
· Support for CosTransaction::Current API
· Direct and indirect transaction management
· Synchronization interface support
· Transaction heuristic support
· Explicit and implicit transaction context propagation
· Multi-thread aware
Web services transactioning features:
· Ensures reliable coordination and application data consistency for business processes that involve Web services.
· Supports transaction models for both intra-enterprise (EAI) and inter-enterprise (supply chain) Web services integration.
· Allows for consistent real-time updates across any component or resource involved in the business process.
· Fully automated crash recovery provides fast, unattended restoration of service after component failures.
· Future-proof, generic coordination engine architecture supports pluggable protocols.
· Currently supports the WS-Coordination WSAtomicTransaction and WS-BusinessActivity specifications. Supports the leveraging of existing transaction infrastructure investments.
· Architected for portability across a widerange of Web services platforms. Supports the open source JBoss application server for highly cost effective development and deployment.
· Close integration with enterprise Java standards, allowing Web services transactions to seamlessly integrate with J2EE application servers, messaging systems and database backends.
· Easy to use Java programming interfaces, based on the emerging JAXTX standard. A rich programming framework reduces overhead in adding transactioning capabilities to Web services.
· Leverages Arjuna's long history in transaction software, including the industry proven coordination engine, ArjunaCore as used in the Bluestone and HP application servers.