Various modes of interaction, including invocations, one way messaging, and asynchronous callbacks are supported.
There are two generations of Remoting in active use.
Remoting 2 is currently used in various versions of JBoss Application Server 4 and 5, as well as a variety of standalone projects.
Remoting 3 is the next generation of Remoting. It will support a variety of modules in JBoss Application Server 6.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· [JBREM-1198] - Determining whether to use SSL is clunky
· [JBREM-1200] - Rescanning for SASL providers on every connection in or out
· [JBREM-1201] - RequestListener.handleClose is redundant
· [JBREM-1206] - Address asymmetry between local & remote request & reply handlers
· [JBREM-1080] - Add support for future tasks to RequestContext
· [JBREM-1202] - Allow realm specification in connect URI
· [JBREM-1205] - Provide a way for the client to specify an unmarshalling classloader for a request
· [JBREM-1195] - Support SASL EXTERNAL mechanism
· [JBREM-1199] - Add marshaller version to negotiation phase
· [JBREM-1203] - Streams via "remote"
· [JBREM-1204] - Change the artifactId
· [JBREM-1207] - Pass-by-value on "local:" protocol
· [JBREM-1208] - Remote client listener does not receive service open options