It eliminates the need of a full-blown desktop editor, by keeping all data on the web,
Takes features from other existing IDE's like Eclipse, Netbeans and Textmate and bundles them as plugins.
The Cloud9 IDe was built using other open-source projects like ACE, Connect, Node.js, Async.js, Socket.IO and jsDAV.
Hosted versions of this tool can be found at www.cloud9.com.
- High performance text editor with bundled syntax highlighting support for JS, HTML, CSS and mixed modes.
- Integrated debugger for Node.JS applications which can started, paused and stopped from within the IDE
- Integrated debugger for the Google Chrome browser which can started, paused and stopped from within the IDE
- Local filesystem is exposed through WebDAV to the IDE, which makes it possible to connect to remote workspaces as well
- Highly extensible through the plugin system
- Bundled plugins: browser, clipboard, code (editor), console, debugger, docs, editors, filesystem, html, keybindings, newresource, noderunner, panels, refactor, richtext, save, searchreplace, settings, tree, undo
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Improve readability of Install section in README.