It is comparable to the well-known Struts Framework but has features and concepts that are beyond those of Struts - especially the component orientation.
This is a project developed by the Apache Software Foundation and provides several sub-projects relating to the JavaServer Faces framework.
Here are some key features of "Apache MyFaces":
· A JavaServer(tm) Faces implementation (MyFaces API, MyFaces Impl modules)
· Several component libraries containing UI widgets for building web-applications with JSF (e.g. MyFaces Tomahawk, MyFaces Trinidad, MyFaces Tobago)
· Extension packages to JavaServer(tm) Faces (e.g. MyFaces Orchestra, MyFaces Extensions Validator)
· Integration modules to other technologies and standards (e.g. MyFaces Portlet Bridge for integration with the portlet-standard)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added param to select jar files to be scanned for .faces-config.xml or .taglib.xml or annotations.