Nikola uses a complicated system to render out static HTML pages from various sources.
It works on a system where the website content and business logic are separated for easier administration.
The admin can edit his site at any time and then re-generate it to update its content on the front-end.
Here are some key features of "Nikola":
· Blogging system included
· Plugins system
· Style content via reStructuredText or Markdown
· Syntax highlighting for code blocks
· Commenting system
· RSS syndication
· The front-end uses Twitter's Bootstrap framework
· Fast build operation
· Portable content
· Archive pages
· Google sitemap generation
· Comes with a preview Web server
· Works with Python 2.x and 3.x
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for Bootstrap 2.3.0.
· Optionally use content distribution networks for jQuery and twitter-bootstrap (USE_CDN option).
· New Brazilian portuguese translation.
· New planetoid experimental extra_plugin.