LiveScript is actually derived from Coco, which in turn was derived from CoffeeScript.
It enhances Coco and CoffeeScript by adding more features and a cleaner, more expressive syntax.
Here are some key features of "LiveScript":
· Much faster
· OOP code
· Support for operators, conditionals, loops, switches, assignments, literals and functions
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Speed improvements
· Allowed arbitrary expressions in slicing syntax, eg. list[1 to x]
· Made classes work more like in CoffeeScript
· Constructors are now inherited
· Allowed empty class definitions, eg. class A extends B
· Bound methods (eg. f: ~>) are bound to the instance, not to the class