CodeIgniter lets the user creatively concentrate on the project by minimizing the amount of code needed for any given task or feature.
Here are some key features of "CodeIgniter":
· Exceptional performance
· Already used in many large scale real-life applications
· Small footprint
· Broad compatibility with many standard hosting accounts
· Lots of documentation and tutorials
· Extendable via plugins
· MVC structure
· Multi-databasae support
· Active Record database support
· Easy form data validation
· Lots of security features
· XSS filtering
· Session management
· Easy email class
· Benchmarking utilities
· Caching system
· Error logger
· UserAgent sniffing
· Zip encoding
· Template engine
· XML-RPC library
· Support for unit testing
· Search-engine friendly URLs
· Included URI routing system
· Image manipulation
· Transfers files via FTP
· Content pagination
· Data encryption
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· File-based Caching method get_metadata() used a non-existent array key to look for the TTL value.
· Session Library method sess_destroy() didn't destroy the userdata array.
· Bug where the Profiler Library issued an E_WARNING error if Session userdata contains objects.
· Migration Library ignored the $config['migration_path'] setting.
· Input Library allowed unconditional spoofing of HTTP clients' IP addresses through the HTTP_CLIENT_IP header.
· Input Library ignored HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP and HTTP_X_CLIENT_IP headers when checking for proxies.
· csrf_verify() used to set the CSRF cookie while processing a POST request with no actual POST data, which resulted in validating a request that should be considered invalid.
· A bug in the Security Library where a CSRF cookie was created even if $config['csrf_protection'] is set tot FALSE.
· Input Library triggered csrf_verify() on CLI requests.