It can be plugged in any page or DHTML framework because it was designed in comformation with the separation of concerns principle, keeping focus on AJAX issues.
Clean AJAX is a software based on well succeed design patterns and inspired on Java Message Service API, that offers reliable solutions to AJAX.
It was created to solve real problems found on AJAX applications, and is used in many projects.
Clean helps to adopt AJAX, saving development time and code, reducing the learning curve and the code re-engineering.
Here are some key features of "Clean AJAX":
What Clean is:
· Server side technology agnostic, can use it with any server side language;
· Simple to install, to configure and to use;
· Small learning curve solution;
What Clean is not:
· A DHTML widget framework with AJAX features embedded on it;
· A huge and complex framework that clains to be the main artifact in your applications;
· A toy implementation wrapping XMLHttpRequest and ActiveX.
· A high level of abstraction, you can use just one facade to work with AJAX, abstracting everything else.
· Configuration by exception, the messages require mimimum explicit configuration to work.
· Simple way to customize message's behaviour and apply your on logic to them.
· Multiple request handle, the engine is able to handle multiple requests simultaneously.
· Exception handle, the engine is aware about exceptions that can occur and how to report them.
· Trace console to monitor messages life cycle.
· Cache and history control.
· Message queue used to manage the requests.
· Garbage collection.
· Integration with WebServices based on SOAP and XMLRPC protocols.
· Cross-browser implementation compatible with the major browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Mozilla, Opera and Netscape).