Written to be cross platform (PC, Mac, Linux, iPhone) and cross-compiler, the download package contains the source for all the platforms.
The API is designed to be minimal and easy to grasp.
There are very few classes, and inside of those classes, there are very few functions.
The code has been implemented so that within the classes there are minimal cross-referening, making it quite easy to rip out and reuse.
Here are some key features of "openFrameworks":
openFrameworks combines together several commonly used libraries under an easy to use interface:
· openGL for graphics
· rtAudio for audio input and output
· freeType for fonts
· freeImage for image input and output
· quicktime for video playing and sequence grabbing
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Folder structure is now changed so that all ide/packages can share one directory structure. Download the 0.061 all release to check it out.
· Core addons now don't have libs from other platforms.
· Core addons now don't have example project in the addons folder.
· Core FreeImage.h -> move BOOL typedefs etc to #defines and do #undef at the end.
· Put MIT license in OF headers.