Just pass it a company's stock symbol (four letter code, Google->GOOG, Yahoo->YHOO) and it will retrieve all the recent stock details.
It supports all the Yahoo Finance public details shown on the site.
Here are some key features of "yahoo_stock":
· Get any info about a stock's latest trade related data
· Get stock average and market cap
· Add or remove stocks to a list
· Get details in XML
· Store query results in a remote CSV file
· Get a stock's historic results
· Ruby 1.8 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Parses CSV data correctly using the CSV gem instead to reinventing the wheel.