The package parses and retrieves data from the NFL Game Center JSON stream.
The same JSON stream power's NFL.com live game scores service, so it is possible to build Python-based apps and websites that report NFL results and statistics in real-time.
To save queries to the NFL.com website, the download package comes with all game data between 2009 and the 2012 preseason.
Here are some key features of "nflgame":
· Retrieve game statistics
· Retrieve player data in a specific game
· Fetch individual game results
· Fetch game results per week
· Fetch individual category stats on a per game level
· Get weekly stats leaders
· Get yearly stats leaders
· Export data to CSV, and many more
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Updated schedule (end of 2012 postseason).
· Fixed README inconsistency.
· Made the CSV function output consistent column headings/ordering.