Written in pure Python, it's a wrapper for the Twitter API.
The library even implements the OAuth 1.0 authentication methods.
For versions before Python 2.6, the simplejson library needs to be loaded as well.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Callback URL is optional in get_authentication_tokens to accomedate those using OOB authorization (non web clients)
· Not part of the python package, but tests are now available along with Travis CI hooks
· Added __repr__ definition for Twython, when calling only returning <Twython: APP_KEY>
· Cleaned up Twython.construct_api_url, uses "transparent" parameters (see 4th bullet in this version for explaination)
· Update requests and requests-oauthlib requirements, fixing posting files AND post data together, making authenticated requests in general in Python 3.3