An easy-to-use Ruby client library for the official Dropbox API
It also supplies a gem as an interface to the RESTful Dropbox API.
- Start with the Dropbox::Session class - Authenticate users.
- The Dropbox::API module (attached to the Dropbox::Session class) - Use it to modify a user’s Dropbox.
- The Dropbox::Entry class is a more object-oriented way of manipulating files. It’s totally optional; check it out if acquainted with OOP.
- The Dropbox::Memoization module has some handy utility methods for memoizing server responses to reduce network calls. It’s plug-in compatible with any caching strategy you might already have (memcache, etc.).
- If using pingbacks, check out Dropbox::Event and Dropbox::Revision. Those classes parse pingbacks from Dropbox into Ruby objects.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added a method allowing users to manually set the access token and secret (in case you are doing your own OAuth elsewhere).
- The mode (Dropbox or Sandbox) is now serialized.
- Fixed a bug that would cause files uploaded into deep paths to fail due to name length limitations.
- Fixed a bug that would cause abnormal OAuth requests when deserializing an authorized session.