This library simplifies working with the GAE data storage engine.
It provides a low-level API, exposing all of the datastore engine to novice and advanced developers.
Here are some key features of "Objectify":
· Persist, retrieve, delete, and query GAE typed objects
· Exposes the GAE datastore features via a low-level API
· Support for batch operations, queries, asynchronous operations, partial indexes and transactions.
· Human-friendly query interface
· Data caching system
· Support for polymorphic entities
· Provides a transaction model
· Can migrate schema changes
· No external dependencies
· Well tested code
· Google App Engine SDK for Java
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Always enables XG when starting a transaction on HRD
· Memcache integration now uses SDK 1.6.0 batch CAS operations for efficiency
· Added ObjectifyFactory.allocateIdRange()
· Changed Key<?>.toWebSafeString() (introduced in 3.1b1) to getString()
· Added a Key<?> constructor (and create() method) that takes a web safe string (ie getString())
· Added optional converters for joda time and money classes