A tiny jQuery plugin for adding filtering controls to a table's header, for easily sorting table data without the need of a page refresh
Ideal for both small and large tables alike, tablesorter adds special buttons to a table's header and footer (if present) that will enable any user to sort the entire table's data based on the selected column.
tablesorter can differentiate between the data contained in a table column, being able to distinguish between numbers, text, dates, currencies, etc. and sort the data accordingly.
This is an ideal feature to have, especially with user-generated data, where the format is not always strict.
tablesorter also handles well with the more complex features of modern Web design, like AJAX, paginated content, real-time editing and so on.
- Cross-browser tested
- Lightweight file size
- Extendable via plugins
- Support for ascending and descending sorts
- Supports various sorting criteria
- Can differentiate between column data types
- Multi-column sorting
- Set initial sorting criteria at page load
- Support for AJAX
- Debug mode
- Support for paginated tables
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 2.17.6
- Adding a class name of parser-false to a column will now automatically set sorter-false and filter-false behavior.
- Add extractor type which allows giving a column two parsers, one to extract content from an input/select and the second to parse the extracted text. Thanks to TheSin-!
- Ensure custom parsed data adheres to the ignoreCase option.
- Add a delay to any sort if there is an update in progress. This prevents issues with a sort being applied causing duplicate rows to be added to the table, hopefully.