After all operations, it provides an efficiency rating for that column.
It was designed for user databases to scan character definded columns.
More details can be found in the procedures header and source comments.
Here are some key features of "sp_GetCharDataLengthAnalysis":
- Table name,
- Column name,
- Defined datatype and length,
- Average length of data for that column,
- Minimum length of data for that column,
- Maximum length of data for that column,
- Efficiency Rating for that column.
- This proc will work on system databases but will sometimes give errors.