It runs a SQL script that lists SQL jobs first, then runs the result SQLs in serial or parallel.
Proper documentation is included in the download package.
Here are some key features of "pg_batch":
· Runs a specified job-listing script, and generates a list of jobs.
· Runs each job in the list in separated transactions.
· Jobs are executed in parallel with the specified number of sessions.
· Writes queries, start and stop times, succeeded or failed to console.
· If timeout is specified, cancel remaining jobs after timeout.
· SQL job priorities.
· PostgreSQL 8.4 or higher
· OS: RHEL 5.2, Windows XP SP3
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· SPEC file added.