The component works with MySQL 5, Microsoft Sql Server 2000/2005 and Oracle 10g.
All tables must have identity (MSSQL), auto increment (MySQL) or a sequence (Oracle).
Here are some key features of "Squidhead":
· It introspects a Database
· It analyzes the tables and views
· It creates INSERT, SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE, SEARCH and LIST stored procedures for every TABLE.
· It creates LIST and SEARCH stored procedure for every VIEW.
· If there are foreign keys, it creates SELECT_WITH_FK, LIST_WITH_FK, and LIST_FORIEGNKEY_LABELS stored procedures.
· It adds them to the database.
· It assigns the proper GRANT permissions
· Build Unit Tests.
· Run Unit Tests
· Build Ant Script
· Build Documentation
· Build Coldspring Configs
· It analyzes all of the stored procedures not just the ones the process creates
· It creates two sets of CFC's: GATEWAY and DAO
· It creates the calls for each stored procedure
· It creates the to wrap the storedprocedure in.
· It adds each combo within the appropriate CFC per table.
· It places any operation with SELECT, DELETE, UPDATE, AND INSERT in the title within the DAO CFC'S.
· It places all other actions to the GATEWAY CFC's.
· It writes the CFC's to disk.
· It writes Custom Tag components to produce nuggets of Editing and Listing functions.
· It strings all of these together to produce a simplistic CRUD application.
· ColdFusion 8 or higher
· Requires account with ability to create and drop objects
· Fields named "createdOn", "updatedOn" will be automatically set (Can be changed in configuration)
· Field named "createdBy" will only be set on create method
· A bit field named 'active' will alter behvior of table. It will deactivate instead of delete records. (Can be changed in config)
· All stored procedures should be named "usp_[tableName]_[action]"
· Action can contain underscore.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixing build to work on new workstation.