A lightweight database access toolkit for Ruby
Sequel uses the concept of datasets to retrieve data.
A dataset object encapsulates an SQL query, letting the query fetch all the data by using a Ruby DSL.
Here are some key features of "Sequel":
- Sequel provides thread safety, connection pooling and a concise DSL for constructing database queries and table schemas.
- Sequel also includes a lightweight but comprehensive ORM layer for mapping records to Ruby objects and handling associated records.
- Sequel supports advanced database features such as prepared statements, bound variables, stored procedures, master/slave configurations, and database sharding.
- Sequel makes it easy to deal with multiple records.
- Sequel currently has adapters for ADO, Amalgalite, DataObjects, DB2, DBI, Firebird, Informix, JDBC, MySQL, ODBC, OpenBase, Oracle, PostgreSQL and SQLite3.
- Recognize another disconnect error in the jdbc/as400 adapter
- Make Dataset#qualify and Sequel.delay work together
- Recognize citext type as string on PostgreSQL
- Support composite keys in the rcte_tree plugin
- Support composite keys in the tree plugin
- Make Migrator.migrator_class public
- Make PostgreSQL empty array literalization work correctly on PostgreSQL <8.4
- Added Sequel extensions guide
- Added model plugins guide