It queries the MySQL information_schema, getting all of the necessary information about a database's (InnoDB) tables.
The graphic is built with SVG and can be interacted with.
To use, just edit schemagraph.php with the appropriate database connection details and then run it from a web server.
Here are some key features of "SchemaGraph":
· Tables in the schema are placed equidistantly around a circle.
· Clicking the image causes the graph to rotate.
· Foreign key constraints are represented by bézier curves connecting table labels.
· Hovering over a table or a constraint causes the table's label to highlight along with all of its constraint paths (both incoming and outgoing).
· The paths representing incoming foreign key constraints are highlighted in a different color than outgoing constraints.
· Multiple constraints between the same two tables are prevented from overlapping by giving a unique curve to each of the lines.
· Hovering over a constraint produces a tooltip which shows the names of the fields that are linked by the constraint.