SQLDiff is a Web application that shows the difference between two SQL database tables.
It makes use of PEAR::DB for its database access and this means that most common databases should work. This application has been tested with Mysql, Postgres and Sybase. As long as PEAR::DB has complete support for your type of database (Oracle, Postgres, DB2 etc), SQLDiff should work without modification.
SQLDiff reads a local PHP configuration file which controls a number of things:
- Header of the prompt on the first page
- Default values for each database (type, host, userid etc)
- What details the user is prompted for as shown below where everything but the table names is taken care of. You may vary this as you'd like.
- Enable/disable update, add or delete of rows. Your ultimate security is based on the authorization for the SQL user being used.
- Background colors used in the HTML