Used mostly for its ORM, SQLAlchemy is much more than that.
SQLAlchemy builds its own query language and custom persistence patterns for high-performance and easy access to stored data.
Here are some key features of "SQLAlchemy":
· Separate mapping and class design
· Eager-loading and caching of related objects and collections
· Composite (multiple-column) primary keys
· Mature, High Performing Architecture
· DBA Approved
· Inheritance Mapping
· Function-based query construction
· Modular and Extensible
· Self-referential Object Mappings
· Raw SQL statement mapping
· Pre- and post-processing of data
· Supported Platforms
· Supports SQLite, Postgresql, MySQL, Oracle, MS-SQL, Firebird, Sybase, etc.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This is a bugfix release which resolves many issues, some of which appeared in 0.8.0 as regressions and many more that affect all versions.