PostgreSQL Database Modeler (pgModeler) allows a webmaster to create his own database schema using a simple drag&drop GUI and render the necessary SQL code to create it.
A plugins system is packaged with pgModeler, so functionality can be extended by anyone interested to do so.
The download package contains only the source code. However, instructions on how to compile the code on various OSs are included.
· PostgreSQL 8 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· pgModeler now aborts app closing when the user wants to do a last saving on modified models.
· Added support to hide relationship labels and table extended attributes on configuration dialog.
· Added "Recent Models" menu.
· Introduced the Xml2Object plugin to help on develpment testings.
· Added partial support to PostgreSQL Extensions objects.
· Added JSON datatype.
· Added support for rules and trigger on views.
· Added support for user defined range types.
· Added support for collations on composite types (user defined).
· Added built-in range types.
· Added support to INCLUDING/EXCLUDING options when dealing with copy relationships.
· Added support for EXCLUDE constraint support
· Added NO INHERIT option to check constraints.
· Added REPLICATION option to roles.
· Added FOR ORDER BY option and removed Recheck from OperatorClassElement.
· Added collation support for index elements.
· Added [NOT] LEAKPROOF key word to functions.
· Added collation attribute to domains.
· Required fields are now highlighted on editing forms.