PheXist is a set of classes (PHP5, PHP4 & Perl) to query and manipulate XML documents in eXist XML:DB.
eXist is an Open Source native XML database featuring efficient, index-based XQuery processing, automatic indexing, extensions for full-text search, XUpdate support and tight integration with existing XML development tools.
This set of classes, implemented in both PHP and Perl, allow to query the XML:DB using the XQuery language.
Connection with XML:DB is done through a SOAP interface, using a WSDL defintion.
- Constructor(string User, string Password, string WSDL) : Creates a new SOAP proxy client
- connect() : Connect to the eXist XML:DB.
- disconnect() : Disconnect from the current session.
- xquery(string Query) : Queries the XML:DB using XQuery language.
- getError() : Returns an error string (only implemented in PHP).
- debug(boolean Debug?) : Verbose mode, to debug communicaction between the Class and the server, as well as output all XQuery results (only implemented in PHP).
- setHighlight(boolean Highlight?): Sets highlight of XQuery output results.
- store(string XMLdata, string encoding, string path, boolean replace)
- removeDocument(string path)
- createCollection(string path)
- removeCollection(string path)