While being able to perform almost all MySQL operation from a GUI, the application also allows executing direct SQL queries.
Here are some key features of "phpMyAdmin":
· Ajax-driven interface
· Database browser feature
· In-built search tool
· Manages BLOB data
· Create or drop DBs
· View database tables, schemas, views, etc..
· Easy DB user and permissions handling
· Batch queries
· Bookmark queries
· Manage stored procedures
· Import data (CSV, SQL)
· Export data (CSV, SQL, XML, PDF, ODT, XLS, Word, LAtex, etc.)
· Manage more than one DB server at a time
· Query-by-example (QBE) feature for MySQL newbies
· PHP 5.2.0+
· MySQL 5.0 or newer
· GD2 support in PHP
· mcrypt extension
· PHP zip extension
· mbstring and ctype extensions
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Version 4.0 contains many bug fixes and smaller new features; moreover, the documentation has a new look and contains an index.