Using standard HTTP requests, the data in a database can be created, retrieved, modified and deleted.
PHP REST SQL was built and tested using Apache 2.0.45, PHP 4.3.4, and MySQL 3.23, although it should work with any version of PHP4 and MySQL and any HTTP server that will pass requests of all HTTP method types to PHP.
- Query a database using a RESTful interface via a Web browser.
- Instantly open up a database to a RESTful Web Service.
- Maps the PUT, GET, POST and DELETE HTTP methods to the INSERT, SELECT, UPDATE and DELETE SQL statements.
- Use standard features of HTTP like caching, HTTP authentication, and SSL.
- Retrieve query data in a number of data formats or your own custom format.
- Great for experimenting with and learning about REST.