Connector/NET enables developers to easily create .NET applications that require secure, high-performance data connectivity with MySQL.
It implements the required ADO.NET interfaces and integrates into ADO.NET aware tools.
Developers can build applications using their choice of .NET languages.
Connector/NET is written in 100% pure C# code.
MySQL Connector/C++ is licensed under the GPL with a commercial license upon request.
Here are some key features of "MySQL Connector/Net":
· Features provided by MySQL Server up to and including MySQL Server version 5.5.
· Large-packet support for sending and receiving rows and BLOBs up to 2 gigabytes in size.
· Protocol compression which enables compressing the data stream between the client and server.
· Support for connecting using TCP/IP sockets, named pipes, or shared memory on Windows.
· Support for connecting using TCP/IP sockets or Unix sockets on Unix.
· Support for the Open Source Mono framework developed by Novell.
· Fully managed, does not utilize the MySQL client library.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Functions and triggers can now be debugged.
· Intellisense is enabled in the debugger window.
· The debugger supports the SQL grammar for all MySQL versions from 5.0 to 5.6.
· When a debugging session is finished, stored routines that were instrumented are now restored to their original form.
· Can now evaluate and change session variables, in addition to local variables in the procedure.
· Conditional breakpoints are supported now.