It is an enhanced version of the free GeoLite City database.
Here are some key features of "MaxMind GeoIP City Database":
· Standard binary format, GEO-133, is updated weekly, CSV and GEO-132 formats are updated monthly
· Includes e-mail support
· Site license (all machines within organization)
· 99.8% accurate on a country level, 90% accurate on a state level, 83% accurate for the US within a 25 mile radius. For more details on our city coverage, see GeoIP City Coverage and Accuracy
· Approximately 4,900,000 records.
· Automated updates for binary API database using geoipupdate on Linux/Unix, included in C API
· Optimized binary file for usage in APIs.
· Comma-separated values.
· GeoIP City, ISP and Organization Combined CSV (requires purchase of GeoIP ISP and GeoIP Organization).
· GeoIP City, ISP, Organization, Domain, and Netspeed Combined CSV (requires purchase of GeoIP ISP, GeoIP Organization, GeoIP Domain, and GeoIP Netspeed).
Includes the following fields:
· Start IP Number
· End IP Number
· Location ID
· Country Code
· State/Region (Region name is available through an external lookup)
· City Name
· Postal Code (US only)
· Metro Code
· Area Code
· Timezone data is available through an external lookup
· Continent data is available through an external lookup
Open Source binary API available for the following languages:
· PHP (Pure)
· Perl (XS)
· Perl (Pure)
· MS COM