MariaDB is a community clone of the MySQL database. It was started by MySQL's original founder after the Sun purchase and is a drop-in replacement for MySQL.
This client library for MariaDB was developed on top of the JDBC API and allows Java developers to connect their apps to a MariaDB data storage system.
The client library is also MySQL compatible as well, allowing it to be used with live MySQL databases as well.
· Java 6 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Implemented several missing methods in DatabaseMetaData.
· Consistent, compatible with ConnectorJ handling of JDBC catalogs vs schemas vs databases.
· sessionVariables driver URL parameter is now supported.
· LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE can use generic URLs (e.g http) for file specification.
· SQL Comments are not stripped anymore off PreparedStatements.
· Fixed ArrayOutOfBounds exception when parsing JDBC.
· Fixed exception in Connection.getWarnings(), which was throws is connection was closed.
· SSL support.