Implementing the latest SQL 2011 language features, HSQLDB, also known as the HyperSQL Database is a modern toolkit for running a Java-based data storage unit.
HSQLDB is 100% written in Java and can easily be embedded or run in server mode.
Here are some key features of "HSQLDB (HyperSQL)":
· Fully multithreaded
· Small file size
· JDBC support
· ODBC support
· Implements the MVCC (multiversion concurrency control) transaction control models
· Fast response times
· Query optimizer
· Full SQL procedural language support
· Disk-based or in-memory tables
· Easy database dumps
· Backup utilities
· Compact Java command line tools
· GUI database management tools
· Easily import or export data from / to other database systems
· JDK 1.1 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· It features extensive enhancements and bug fixes.