Directory Services has been designed to give you access to all your corporate data. Data coming from LDAP Corporate Directory Services, WINNT domain, and Corporate Databases (ORACLE, SYBASE, MSSQL, ODBC) is available to view, publish and distribute throughout your organization.
Directory Services consists of two major components: a desktop application that will allow you to start accessing your corporate data; and a service component that can be used by developers in your organization to build customized desktop and web applications.
Directory Services architecture is flexible enough to fit into your organization's infrastructure. You can set it up to centralize corporate resources in a server, distribute the load across different servers, or completely distribute the data access across client computers.
Directory Services will get the corporate data and give it to you in a variety of formats: XML, HTML, text delimited, fixed length, record set, and LDIF format.
Directory Services Highlights
- LDAP Data Access
- WINNT Domain Data Access
- Database Data Access (ORACLE, SYBASE, MSSQL, DB2, and any ODBC database)
- XML result set
- HTML result set (By applying XSL template to XML)
- Text result set (Delimited)
- Fixed length result set
- LDIF result set (List, Add, Update, and Delete formats)
- RecordSet result set (Result set can be manipulated to massage data)
- Result sets can be used to create files for distribution and processing, or to publish in the Web
- Supports 1, 2, and 3 tier architecture
- Open code ( Developers have full access to the service component to create client server and web applications)