Written in Python, it allows you to manage a CouchDB server, databases, doc managements and view access.
Here are some key features of "Couchdbkit":
- A full client always in sync with latest couchdb releases or trunk. Currently the user can use full features of couchdb 0.9 and latest trunk.
- A client allowing to use the http backend the user wants via py-restclient. Currently curl or httplib. The developer could also write his own, see transports documentation of py-restclient.
- Thread safe.
- A system to attach design docs to an application and send them to CouchDB.
- Manage documents with dynamic schema. Documents are completely dynamic.
- Pyramid example
- View update in Django contrib
- Remove trailing slash in DB uri if any
- Do not send credentials when they are None
- Improve the error message for unknown doc type from view