Written in Python, it allows you to manage a CouchDB server, databases, doc managements and view access.
Here are some key features of "Couchdbkit":
· A full client always in sync with latest couchdb releases or trunk. Currently the user can use full features of couchdb 0.9 and latest trunk.
· A client allowing to use the http backend the user wants via py-restclient. Currently curl or httplib. The developer could also write his own, see transports documentation of py-restclient.
· Thread safe.
· A system to attach design docs to an application and send them to CouchDB.
· Manage documents with dynamic schema. Documents are completely dynamic.
· Python 2.5 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· It’s now based on latest Restkit 4.0.x.