This is only an alpha release and does not yet support the full Thrift API or all the CassandraDB releases.
Here are some key features of "Cassandra Client":
· Clean encapsulation of the Thrift API
· Pluggable serialization and compression
· Ruby 1.9 compatibility
· Ruby 1.8 / 1.9 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Use new comparator API.
· Namespace Thrift bindings;
· Rename gem and class to Cassandra.
· Make tokens and limits actually work.
· Retry UnavailableExceptions.