dotCMS is one of the best Java-based web CMS.
It was built upon the acclaimed Liferay portal.
Here are some key features of "dotCMS":
· Admin panel
· Syndication features
· WURFL optimization
· HTML5 support
· jQuery Mobile support
· Google Maps integration
· Campaign management
· Analytics tool
· Mailing list management
· Role based user access
· LDAP & Active Directory support
· Document manager
· Image editing toolkit
· Word to PDF support
· Taxonomy management
· Cloud deployment
· Support for Apache Solr
· Cache system
· WYSIWYG editing
· SEO friendly
· Google-compliant XML sitemaps
· Form builder
· obile device friendly
· Social sharing tools
· Drag-and-drop uploads
· Menu manager
· Many widgets
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Themes provide a portable, sharable way to apply a common look and feel across a site or sites.
· dotCMS has standardized our starter site to leverage theme based layout on Twitter’s Bootstrap for responsive design.
· Out of the box, dotCMS ships with 2 responsive, Bootstrap based themes.
· Themes can be shared within a host and across hosts.
· Themes are not tied to any CSS or JS Framework. Users can write themes that use any available HTML Frameworks.
· Allows basic users the ability to create dotCMS templates without any knowledge of HTML code.
· The Template Builder/Designer is used in conjunction with themes.
· Can use existing themes, create your own theme, or download a third party theme to create a new design template.
· The new Link Checker workflow automatically checks links in WYSIWYG content before saving it, to avoid external link errors.
· Also, there is a new portlet called Broken Links that can run an external link check on all content structures and creates a report of all broken links.
· This process can be scheduled using a cron expression, which then sends an email with the link errors found to the content editors.
· Users can now easily, reuse wiki content from TWiki, Media, Confluence, etc..