It provides an interface to the Subversion revision control systems, an integrated wiki, roadmaping feature, flexible issue tracking, search tools and convenient ticketing and report facilities.
Trac is written in the Python programming language and can use SQLite, PostgreSQL or MySQL as database.
For HTML rendering, Trac uses the Genshi templating system.
Trac also comes with a standalone server, tracd.
· Python 2.3 or higher
· setuptools 0.6 or higher
· 0.5 or higher
· Subversion 1.1 or higher
· pysqlite version 2.x for SQLite 3.x
· psycopg2 version 2.0.x for PostgreSQL
· MySQLdb, version 1.2.2 for MySQL
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The default theme looks more modern, especially on recent browsers (no effort has been made to make it look better on older browsers like IE6 or 7)
· The TH:GitPlugin is now maintained here as an optional component
· As a consequence, the Subversion support has been moved below tracopt.versioncontrol as well
· The Git and Mercurial log view feature a visualization of the branching structure
· Usability improvements for the tickets, with a better support for conflict detection and resolution
· Integration of the TH:BatchModifyPlugin, contributed by Brian Meeker (many thanks!) and is now maintained there as a default component
· jQuery/UI integration, featuring a date picker for date fields
· Improved integration with Pygments syntax highlighting