Contao was previously known as TYPOlight.
Contao has an intuitive graphical user interface that successfully uses Ajax and Web 2.0 technologies for optimal usability and understanding.
Here are some key features of "Contao":
· Uses Ajax technology
· Intuitive user interface
· Accessible XHTML strict output
· Meets W3C/WAI requirements
· Versioning and undo management
· Accessible administration area
· Front end output 100% template based
· Automatic e-mail encryption (spam protection)
· Powerful permission system (user management)
· Multi-language support (character set UTF-8)
· Generates search engine friendly URLs
· Web 2.0 support (e.g. lightbox)
· Advanced search and sorting options
· Supports SMTP in addition to PHP's mail function
· Multiple back end languages and back end themes
· Supports multiple websites in one tree
· Supports GZip compression
· Print articles as PDF
· Live update feature
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Set the image dimensions if an image is added in TinyMCE.
· Pass the host and language to subpages when generating the menu.
· Improve the timeout calculation of the command scheduler to better support minutely jobs.
· Do not used cached scan() results in the Files class.
· Do not throw an exception during RSS feed generation if a news archive or calendar is linked to an invalid target page.
· Fix the tabindexes if there are multiple wizards on the same apge.
· Also support textareas when autofocusing input fields.
· Add a page to the XML sitemap even if it is not indexed internally.
· Correctly auto-create the page aliases.
· Limit the width of the table names in the version overview.