A powerful, professional, open source content management system (CMS) written in PHP, previously known under the name: TYPOlight
Contao uses an intuitive graphical user interface that successfully blends Ajax and Web 2.0 technologies for optimal usability and performance.
This successful mesh of technologies makes working with Contao an easy task, while also still providing the in-depth access most developers yearn from high-grade CMS products.
If WordPress is known for blogging, Drupal for complex websites and phpBB for forums, then Contao is most known for its higher degree of complexity that recommends it for large scale projects, portals and Intranets.
This means working with Contao can sometime be a little bit tricky and is recommended only for developers with a greater knowledge of PHP, regardless of the presence of a nice and fast UI in the Contao backend.
But that doesn't mean Contao is useless or hard to work with. It means you got to accept and learn to use the right tool for the right job.
- Uses Ajax technology
- Intuitive user interface
- Accessible XHTML strict output
- Meets W3C/WAI requirements
- Versioning and undo management
- Accessible administration area
- Front end output 100% template based
- Automatic e-mail encryption (spam protection)
- Powerful permission system (user management)
- Multi-language support (character set UTF-8)
- Generates search engine friendly URLs
- Web 2.0 support (e.g. lightbox)
- Advanced search and sorting options
- Supports SMTP in addition to PHP's mail function
- Multiple back end languages and back end themes
- Supports multiple websites in one tree
- Supports GZip compression
- Print articles as PDF
- Live update feature
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Consider image size IDs when overriding the default image size.
- Do not require to set a media query in the image sizes.
- Fixed a potential directory traversal vulnerability.