It's main advantage is that it allows developers to build multiple sites just from one installation.
Phire CMS was built on its own PHP framework, making the entire system very extensible.
Here are some key features of "Phire CMS":
· Installation wizard
· Multi-site manager
· Fine-grained permissions system
· Muti-user environment
· Organize users in groups
· SEO-friendly URLs
· Meta-content management
· Content syndication feeds
· Mobile friendly
· Robust file browser
· Image management support
· Users session control
· Built-in spam filters
· CAPTCHA support
· Template engine to control the site layout
· Page caching system
· Comes with its own blogging platform
· Built-in external feed integration
· Content tagging
· Support for many WYSIWYG editors
· Event management system
· Support for YouTube, Vimeo and Viddler videos
· Secure system
· Programmatic API for interested developers
· Built-in CMS update system
· PHP 5.2.6 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved the archive functionality and added the archive placeholder.
· Added a "recent post" placeholder.
· Fixed a bug with removing site 404 entries.