It enables developers build applications that have their data in sync between the desktop, mobile devices and web services.
Users can share data between them with Midgard.
It does this all by building on top of technologies like GLib, libgda and D-Bus.
It provides developers with object-oriented programming interfaces for C, PHP and Python.
Web service developers also benefit from MidCOM, a modern MVC framework for PHP development that utilizes all the advantages of the Midgard storage framework.
MidCOM helps web production also by shipping a set of content management tools.
With Midgard, you can have your data everywhere, from mobile devices the web server.
It enables peer-to-peer sharing of information, and makes it possible to have all the materials you need also when offline.
Here are some key features of "Midgard":
· Web-based authoring - Website content can be edited securely anywhere from a computer connected to the internet
· Separation of content and layout - Content and layout of websites are managed separately
· Easy 'Edit this page' interface - Users with editing permissions can edit a page by just browsing to it and clicking "Edit this page"
· Tree based content management - Content can be managed in a hierarchical tree using the Aegir interface
· WYSIWYG editing - Rich text editor allows Word compatible WYSIWYG editing of content for MS Internet Explorer 5.5 and Mozilla 1.3
· Arranging content in folders - Content can be arranged in folders for display, and can be moved and copied between folders
· Image asset management - Images and other file based assets can be stored centrally into an image repository or gallery
· Content approvals - Content can be published immediately or left as a working copy until approval
· Scheduled publication - Publication and removal dates can be assigned for content
· Content locking - Midgard's locking system prevents accidental simultaneous editing of a document
· Revision history and roll-back - All revisions to content are stored to an RCS repository and can be easily viewed and retrieved
· Accessibility - SpiderAdmin provides an accessible interface for content authors and site maintainers
· Offline editing - Midgard's news and blog system supports the Metaweblog API for posting content using desktop tools like Ecto and Marsedit
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Rewritten Multilang queries.
· Fixed crashes.
· Fixed major MidCOM admin and style issues.
· Midgard internal features are now optional for better performance tunning.
· Many bugfixes and feature enhancements.